Monday, December 21, 2009

'Tis the Season

I've had trouble with the Xmas season in the past, and still do to a certain extent. This year, however, has been rather tame and lackluster. I'm at a loss. I don't know whether I feel this is a good change or not. I haven't put up a tree, lights, or any other sort of holiday decoration. Nor have I heard drama about something along the lines of whether Capital Building's tree should be called a "Christmas Tree" or a "Holiday Tree." Things like that tend to ruin the Xmas spirit I have managed to rustle up. In all reality, I'm being sarcastic. I've always loved this season and thought it was the most beautiful. Not for the gifts, the meaning, or the spirit. I love this season because as I am writing now, it is the beginning of winter. This is the season I love the most. I do believe I'll be celebrating it after the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and travelling is over. Perhaps I'll even join in a midwinter Mummer's Dance.

Do tell...

For more information about the many celebrations that occur this time of year, please refer to the "Winter Solstice" page on Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment