Monday, July 20, 2009

My child...

This will be the second time I've tried publishing something while drunk, and as you may not know, I deleted the last one the very next day. Let's see how this one does.

I have been pondering odd circumstances and preparedness as of late. I've been dreaming about horrible tragedies, but they aren't nightmares, because I always know what to do in the given situation. I found this has happened recently for me and is, so far, turning out well for me.

Do tell...

My cat has a habit of marking everything with great enthusiasm. I noticed one day, that his nose looked a little funny and was oozing a tan colored substance. I immediately ran and got the first aid equipment. I took some hydrogen peroxide to his nose to disinfect. He used to love playing with Q-tips, but no longer. His usually black nose turned very white and bubbly, meaning it was rather infected. So I rubbed some Neosporin into his nose and hoped it would look better in the morning. It did look a little better so I assumed as he is a cat, he would keep it clean. I soon found that was the wrong assumption.

The next day, he hopped up on the arm of the couch and I noticed what I thought was a scab was sticking out 1/4in more than it was yesterday and it was surrounded by a whitish-yellow crust. I instantly knew what was going on. I've never known a cat to get an abscess on his nose due to over-invigorating marking. I took quite a bit of H2O2 to it after washing it, and what I originally thought was a scab began to flake off. I rushed to get the tweezers and sterilize them and the scissors. I cut off the dead skin on his nose, disinfected it, and rubbed a liberal amount of Neosporin into it.

The next day, it looked much better, and he was next to me purring for about 2-3 days after. I'm still treating him twice a day, but the thing I notice most is the appreciation he has show to me despite the pain he endured. He's been practically glued to me for the past 3 days purring incessantly, even though I smear Neosporin on his nose twice a day. I also stick him with a needle every other day and put itchy fluids into him, but he still cuddles up next to me purring. If you have never known the comfort and happiness of owning a pet with unconditional love for you, you should look into obtaining such a thing.

Even now, almost a week after he cut part of his nose off, he still comes to me to cuddle and marks everything he sees, even though it might be a bit painful. He's either a strong-willed and stubborn cat, or he doesn't remember that his nose still hurts. Either way, I love him so much and am willing to see him unhappy for a short time to make him comfortable in the long run. I need more pets... I love expanding my family.


Edit: I read this the next morning and immediately see what being intoxicated does to my writing. I'll leave it as is, but I'll likely not do this again. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment